Tuesday, January 28, 2014

48. The Catch-Up: Style Me Silly, Saturday; Sunday Prep Day; Book Mark Me Monday; and, Tuesday Boozeday

Greetings readers!

What are the odds that last week I was ranting and raving about how much I follow routines and stick to them, yet this week I can't hold onto one to save my life?! The workout routine and my blog routine went out the window. Not that you want to hear any excuses, but there are reasons for the two. Regarding the workout routine, I did my favorite Fight 2 Fitness routine on Sunday and now my ribs are incredibly sore, which is awesome because I know I worked my abs well, but breathing has been tricky. The blog routine went by the way side due to work being so overwhelming that by the time I get home, getting to the couch seems like I just ran a full marathon. When you don't even have time to pee at work, you know you're busy. Gah...

Needless to say, I need the blog to release :)

Style Me Silly, Saturday / Belated What I Wore Wednesday


Pretty sure I cannot even explain to you how much I'm obsessed with these leggings!! I found them on Groupdealz a couple of weeks ago and just had to have them ;) I ended up getting them for $8.99, but they're normally $21.99. In the packaging, they sent me a coupon: $20 off your order of 50 or more PLUS free shipping. Enter code: NEWYEAR20. Let me tell you, these are equivalent to floating on a cloud. They're a silky, stretchy material and are simply heavenly.

Also, this top is a recent purchase from Zulily. I had a coupon, so I scored this soft baby for $8! It's baby soft and is absolutely wonderful.

Sunday Prep Day


I've been contemplating making a *BIG* move in my life, so when I saw this awesome "Quick Flight Carry On" must haves by Jenni from I Spy DIY, I just knew it would be the perfect Sunday tip! I'll keep you posted about the move ;)

Any who...  I always feel like I pack too much in my carry on, so thanks for the tips Jenni! 

Book Mark Me Monday

One of my very good friends, and now a fellow reader, is a die-hard Hunger Games fan. I LOVE dystopian novels (I blame grad school on that one)! After finishing The Hunger Games trilogy, we both needed more and low and behold, I found this killer list:


The first series I want to discuss is Divergent. I could not get ENOUGH of these! I blew through these in a total of 2 weeks- yes, all 3 of them! They're enticing and the cliff hangers at the end make your eyes pop out of your head and instantly crave the next one.  I do have to admit though, I wasn't a fan of Allegiant, which is the 3rd book in the series. The build up of 2 was so high and I felt like a drug addict  trying to go sober reading Allegiant- I crashed. My drugs wore off. I finished it and felt incomplete. It didn't end the way I thought it would by any means. I thought I was the only fool that didn't like the 3rd, but after scoping out various discussion boards and random forms of Social Media, come to find out - it's the general consensus that no one liked the third. It's not as captivating as the other 2.

Still, do I recommend them? Absolutely.

Tuesday Boozeday

First off, why isn't it Friday yet?! Between the excitement of the hopefully *BIG* move and operating on warp speed at work, I need a drink now more than ever. Unfortunately, I don't have any form of alcohol or mixer in my apartment, but if I did, I would be indulging in a glass (... or two) of this:



I know, I know, I know berries really aren't "in season" right now, especially in the New England area, but how glorious does this look?! I think the Jingle Jangle Punch and I would pair quite well together right about now. The recipe does say it's best served in a punch bowl, so I may have to hold off on indulging in this until a gathering comes my way. Does this mean I need to plan a party for this weekend? A girl can dream



Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home