Monday, July 15, 2013

40. The Bostonian Weekend

Greetings readers!

I've now lived around Boston for almost 6 weeks and this was my first weekend staying in the city. How sad is that?! With weddings, showers, vacations, holidays, etc., my weekends have been jam packed. Plus, adjusting to a new city where all of my friends predominantly live back home, it's been hard to force myself to stay in the area for the weekend; nevertheless, I had a blast this weekend!

This past November, my friend texted me saying to call her ASAP, so I did. She was beaming with excitement about how she just won us 2 tickets to see Thomas Rhett, Jake Owen, Miranda Lambert, and Jason Aldean at FENWAY! The concert was this past Friday night. We went to Who's On First? for drinks and to see a good friend of mine, grabbed some food on Yawkey Way, and then off to the concert! I have to admit Fenway isn't a great venue for concerts, but the atmosphere is just wonderful.
Pinspirable Does First Country Concert at Fenway!
Saturday, it was supposed to be a day at the beach with friends, but the rain won that battle; therefore, movies and relaxation was on the docket for me. At night, I was supposed to go on a first date, but that fell through, so Chinese take-out and more movies was how I spent my Saturday night. My cousin texted me and said to be prepared for an uplifting Sunday and boy- was it!

Earlier this summer, my cousin found an article, How To Have A Great Summer in Boston, and we decided to cross a few things off of our list. First up, SoWa Market!

Pinspirable Does SoWa Market Courtesy of Thought Catalog
It's an outdoor market that occurs every Sunday between May and October, from 10-4, ranging from locally grown produce, to nearby jewelers, clothing retailers, food trucks, and The Fashion Truck! The Fashion Truck is a box truck - like that of a food truck - that travels around and sells clothes right out of it! It has hard wood flooring throughout, a beautiful sliding glass door, air conditioning, shelving units, and above all - so much beautiful clothing, jewelry, and accessories! I was captivated to say the least.

Pinspirable Spotted The Fashion Truck!
After shopping it was onto delicious food. They have a whole area set up of food trucks. My cousin and I stumbled into Paris to enjoy a strawberry Nutella crepe and a Nutella frozen hot chocolate. Delectable doesn't even begin to cover the deliciousness! 

Thank you, Paris Creperie!
After SoWa, it was onto Castle Island and then Quincy to see "The OC." We walked around those two areas and then called it a day. 
The Gorgeous Castle Island, courtesy of Thought Catalog
What a wonderful weekend!
Pinspirable's Finds
And today, I'm wearing a black and white polka dot sheer top (also worn here), with some mint green capris, these killer earrings, and my new bow ring from The Fashion Truck! Not a bad way to start a Monday, right?

To find out where the Boston food trucks are, check the schedule here.

What did you do this weekend?



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home