Monday, February 25, 2013

33. The Weekend Recap: The Leopard and The Stacked Sweater

Greetings readers!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Once again, lovely New England was pounded with another snow storm, no where near Nemo status, but snow nonetheless. Spring... where are you??!! I'm so over the snow it's not even funny! Sometimes with this dreadful season, it's hard to find motivation/ inspiration to dress in things other than sweatpants, hoodies, and all things comfy. Thanks to the lovely Internets and bloggers in warmer climates, inspiration comes easier:

The Inspiration.
One of my absolute favorite blogs is "J's Everyday Fashion." She is pure genius! J, like myself, shops in regular stores like Forever 21, H&M, the Gap, J Crew, Old Navy, and the like. She works off of a $200/ month budget. To find out all of her budgeting tips, go here.

J's outfit here was found via "Nasty Gal" and believe it or not, J is actually wearing a leopard dress, not a top. I am loving the color combo: the black and the royal blue. Also, how awesome are her bag and shoes? The shoes are on my wish list!


Black cardigan, leopard shirt with belt, royal blue jeans, and alternating accessories. I ended up wearing the black shoes (featured on the right) with my black bag (featured on the left), but adding a yellow hue into the mix is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Royal blue, black, and mustard yellow may end up being my favorite color combination. 


With all of the snow yesterday and a few errands to run, it was casual day for me:


Cream sweater, brown shirt, black layering tank, jeans, the brown/black boots, and gold accessories. I think my favorite about Sunday's attire has to be the idea of stacking brown on black with the clothing and the boots; the stacking is almost in reverse- perfect! And I can honestly say, I cannot get enough of the gold watch: I'm addicted!


Cross your fingers, all! Today may be the day! :)

Items:
Black cardigan: Old Navy, super old (similar)
Leopard-belted shirt: White House, Black Market, Spring 2012 (similar)
Royal blue jeans: $25 Marshall's, Spring 2012
Black wedged heels: TJ Maxx, old (similar)
Black bag: $12 Buffalo Exchange
Yellow shoes: TJ Maxx, super old (similar)
Mustard yellow bag: originally $250, but was on sale for $110 at Bloomingdale's Outlet

Cream sweater:
Brown shirt: Christmas gift 2011
Black tank: borrowed from Mom
Jeans: $30 American Eagle (same)
Black/brown boots: $101 Macy's (same)
Bracelet: Christmas gift 2012
Gold watch: $24 The Limited (Sale) **Cheaper in the store!!**
Earrings: Christmas gift 2012 (Green Envy)

Would you ever wear leopard, royal blue, and black? How would you have changed the outfit?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home