Thursday, February 7, 2013

25. The Peanut Butter Fingers, The Houndstooth, and The Topsy Tail Remix

Greetings readers!

Even though my job interview yesterday went better than expected, today was still a hard day. I've never been a patient person and being unemployed is truly testing me. This past weekend's date, texted me this morning, and asked if I could browse for Celtics/Lakers tickets for tonight's game; after going back and forth with text messages for about an hour, he decided we should plan a night instead of a spontaneous outing. On that note, I immediately mustered up some motivation to work out. Probably not so much of a muster, since I was frustrated. With this treacherous 3 foot snow storm watch coming my way, I wanted to go out tonight before being snow bound all weekend. Choosing to stay indoors and being forced to stay indoors are two very different things in my book.

A great blog I read, Peanut Butter Fingers, posted a killer workout:

The Pinspirable.
Referring back to a previous post, any time there's a plank, I substitute the workout due to having Carpal Tunnel in both of my wrists and the planks really make it act up. For the 60 second plank, I did 180 jumping jacks (since the workout was done 3 times, I tripled 60 seconds to get 180), and also for the 20 plank jacks, I did 60 jumping jacks instead. Julie, the Peanut Butter Fingers' blogger, did 20 minutes on the elliptical beforehand; I still have yet to figure out how she did that, since after the squat jumps alone my legs were shaking. Even my knee caps were shaking - did you know your knee caps could shake from working out?!?! I certainly didn't!

After this intensive workout, it was off to shower and ready for the day:

The Inspiration.
I can honestly say, I loved today's updo, partly because the Topsy Tail (featured in pictures 1-3) is my go-to hairstyle. If you're at CVS, Walgreens, or any convenient store, look for the "Topsy Tail" in the hair section. It's a simple tool that essentially looks like a giant needle. Instead of separating your ponytail, this piece simply slips behind your ponytail base, and then you feed it through the needle part, pull it through, and the piece comes out and you have the Step 3 look! Easy as pie!

The Pinspirable.
Apart from my silly little flyaways, I really liked today's idea of taking the Topsy Tail pony and feeding it back through the main part. Super easy. I definitely recommend some bobby pins for shorter hair for the ends/"flyaways" and for right around the base of the bun/Topsy Tail to ensure it's secure.

Earlier in the day, I headed to CVS for some dryer sheets and Light Grape juice. The Light Grape juice could not be found, so off to the local market I went. I can guarantee you that I was the only one that left that grocery store empty handed today. Goodness me, it was a NIGHTMARE!!!! Most checkout lanes were 15 people deep with full, full, full, AND FULLER carts! You would've thought it was an apocalypse the way people were purchasing. Silly, Nemo (the name of our incoming snow storm).

I texted my friend and said we needed to go out for drinks before being snowbound and thankfully, she agreed!

The Pinspirable.
The Pinspirable.
For my errands, I wore my white tee, jeans, and flats. To dress it up, I added this new glorious Houndstooth jacket and heels. Transitioning from day to night is very easy when you change out accessories and jackets! :)

I was a little weary of wearing my t-shirt (it features lyrics and a rose) and my Houndstooth blazer at the same time, but I stepped out of my comfort zone to bring you today's look. *Fun Fact: I once read that, "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone" and I can honestly say I believe that wholeheartedly.* Besides, mixing prints/patterns is very in right now!

Hope you all make it through Nemo! Also, if you have a twitter, check out your feeds regarding Nemo. They're absolutely hilarious.

"A little orange clownfish is going to royally dominate New England this weekend."

I busted out laughing so hard when I saw that, for one of my favorite children's flicks is Finding Nemo. *Fun Fact: My high school sweetheart took me to see Finding Nemo on ice for our 1 year anniversary. It was absolutely amazing!!!!*

Items:
Wide-legged jeans: Passed down to me by a friend
T-shirt: $10 Forever 21, circa 2008
Blazer: $19.80 Dots, purchased this past weekend in Newport
Flowered Headband: $5.80 Forever 21, circa summer 2012
Earrings: $15.00 Kate Spade outlet, fall 2012 (talk about a sale, eh?!
Ring: Christmas gift, circa 2011
Heels: Christmas gift, 2012 (can find at TJ Maxx/Marshalls on sale for $39)
Purse: Chanel (a combination of graduating with my Masters, my 24th birthday present, realizing I deserve more in life, and my Christmas 2011 present)

Till next time,
Bells

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home