Wednesday, January 30, 2013

21. The 1-7, The Prints, The Make-Believe Infinity, and The Wannabe Bun

Greetings readers!

To catch up with yesterday, I had a hectic morning again, but managed to squeeze in a workout, or "several" rather. Seriously BoP (Back on Pointe) Tumblr is becoming my go-to for workouts.

BoP sometimes likes to do workouts in "Levels." As the numbers increase, the workouts get progressively harder. My goal was to do levels 1-10, but unfortunately a Charlie Horse and an extreme stomach cramp that I couldn't work off for the life of me, prohibited this process. I did make it till the end of Level 7 though!





The Pinspirable. All of the BoP Levels 1-7 can be found here.

I tried to limit my water intake to only after the workouts, but sometimes if need be, I drank my water while marching. These 7 workouts took roughly about 50 minutes, taking a 1-3 minute break in between each workout as need be. My goal for tomorrow is to do all 10. Today I was in a lot of cramping pains, so tomorrow the workouts will commence. I'll let you know how far I get in the 1-10 Cardio Levels. Normally, I never do the same workout back-to-back, but I'm determined to do all 10 at once!

Like I already said, today I wasn't feeling so hot, but managed to get my car fixed and go to Target. Just as an FYI, NEVER EVER EVER go to Target when you're laid off. Absolutely the worst decision I ever made. I went there to pick up a new Bruins shirt for my upcoming date this weekend; however, the temptations were deadly

Check out my "Wish List" from Target:

The Target "Wish List": $28
This dress is absolutely darling. You all know I'm obsessed with Chevron patterns, but did I ever tell you I love the high/low look and anything lace-based?! Oh, because I am! It's easier to see the high/low look in this navy dress, but the one I want is a creamy color, which will be perfect with my brown boots for Countryfest this year. Must.have.

The Target "Wish List" : $44.99
I have been on a serious hunt for a sweater dress and this is exactly what I've been looking for! Sweater dresses would definitely break up my need to wear pants all winter long. It's getting very old and tiresome. A sweater dress will open up the possibility of tights, leg warmers, and boots. A girl can dream, right?

The Target "Wish List" : $24.99

Speaking of my love for Chevron. How wonderful is this!? You could do so much with this. For a girl who craves and loves patterns and fears being seen in same thing twice, it makes things complicated; however, thanks to lovely things called accessories, you can do so much with statement pieces like this!

There were a few other items on my "Wish List," but they're not featured online. Think paisley patterns and wonderful zipper dresses! :)

In honor of my love for prints, I bring you today's look:

The Pinspirable.
This fabulous printed shirt was purchased in Rome, Italy in 2007. A lot of my friends, when I came back to the states, didn't appreciate this shirt and thankfully I didn't listen to them when they said to rid my closet of it. Prints are coming back, especially for Spring! I paired this with light brown loafers, jeans, and a cute creamy scarf.

The Pinspirable.
I love wearing scarves in different ways, but very rarely do you find out how to achieve a certain look, so here you go:

How To Achieve Today's Scarf Look
1. Lay out the scarf on a flat surface.
2. Form a circle with the scarf.
3. About 6 inches from the bottom tie a knot.
7. Tie another knot to ensure it is secure.
8. Now your scarf should look like an infinity scarf, but with a knot and fabric hanging from the bottom of it.
9. Put the scarf around your neck so the knot and extra hanging fabric is at the bottom (furthest away from your neck as can be).
10. The part around your neck where it doesn't have any of the knot or extra fabric, pull it back and make a loop by wrapping it around your neck. 
11. Voila!

For my hair today, it was time to consult my Pinterest Hair Board:

The Inspiration.
Unfortunately, I don't have a bow to put in my hair. Another thing on my Wish List.

The Pinspirable.
Plus, with shorter hair, it's hard to make a bun look so distinguished, especially without a big statement piece like in the Inspiration photo.

Hope you all had a great two days! Lots going on tomorrow, so stay tuned ;)

Items:
Seven Jeans: $80 TJ Maxx, circa 2006
Statement/Printed Shirt: circa 2007 Rome, Italy
Brown loafers: circa 2007 Sorrento, Italy
Blings Earrings: $30 JoJo Loves You
Scarf: It was so long ago, I don't remember how it came to be in my possession. 

Till next time,
Bells

**Please note the link for the Inspiration hair photo brings you to the page where I pinned it from, but it turns out to be just a photo link. If I discover the original source, I will fix this.**

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home