Monday, January 21, 2013

15. The Sweater and The Collared

Greetings readers!

Now, that I'm all caught up (*phew*), I hope you're all doing splendidly...

My best-friend should be quite thankful that I love her dearly, enough to miss the entire Bruins game today. KK and I have been best-friends since we were 4. She recently got engaged and I'm her Maid of Honor. As Maid of Honor, I worry about my Bride-to-be, especially when she falls off of the map and I don't see her for a month and a half! I sacrificed a Bruins game to get in some quality time, and it was well worth it.

I had to find a comfortable shopping outfit, so here we go...

The Inspiration.***
The Pinspirable.
Jeans, a collared shirt, a gray cover shirt, black flats, a watch, and a chunky necklace. This is a very easy outfit to recreate. Doesn't layering make life so much simpler? At first, I felt a bit uncomfortable for the gray sweater is more fitted and didn't feel big enough to go over the collared shirt, so I came up with an alternate idea as well...

Alternate Pinspirables.
And, please disregard my undone hair in the alternate photo. Apart from the hair, it's a very comfortable look to just drape the sweater over the collared shirt as an alternative.

After trying on all of these options, I decided it was waaaaay too cold out, so I ended up putting on a heavy sweater instead of today's Pinspirable. This Inspiration outfit is much more ideal for fall, or winter if you live in a semi-warmer climate.

Anyways, KK and I ventured to a nearby Outlets mall, shopped a bit, ate lunch, and then she showed me the house that her and her fiance are closing on in 10 days!!! After all of that, I came home to find out some horrible news about my brother's friend and then headed off to wing night with the gang for a much needed laughter-filled night. My poor brother, please keep him in your thoughts. Last night, his friend at college (my brother's still in college) asked my brother to head over to his house to watch The Patriots game, but Brother Bear couldn't go for some reason (he never told my mom or I why and we aren't going to question it). That poor boy who invited my brother over, died this morning. There was a fire in his apartment, which the cause is still unknown. It's so awful. The boy was outside and ran back in to get his PS3 he got for Christmas from his parents because they spent a lot of money on it, he felt guilty about it, ran back in, and never came out. How heart-wrenching. Now, my poor brother is beating himself up saying, "If I went over there, something different may have happened." Nevertheless, please keep my brother, his friends, and the boy's family in your thoughts throughout this difficult time. Love you always and forever Brother Bear.

Items:
Gray shirt: $12 Marshall's (worn here, too)
Jeans: $30 American Eagle Oulet
Blue collared shirt: $35 Ann Taylor Outlet
Black flats: $60 Coach flats from Marshall's
White watch: $120 Fossil outlet, circa 2010
Chunky silver necklace: Christmas grab gift circa 2010

Till next time,
Bells

***Lilly's Style blog is amazing! She wears all affordable clothes and has a great style. I would definitely recommend reading her blog, or at least going to look at it.***

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home