Friday, January 11, 2013

8. The Yellow, The Gray, and The Relaxed

Greetings readers!

Day 3 of my Diet Coke "Cold Turkey" and I'm still alive! I'm still craving the taste, but the good news is that my headaches seem to have subsided! There's still a teensy bit of a pain remaining, but other than that, my symptoms seem to be clearing; however, the parched throat has not begun to clear yet.

Today was Day 1 of "Les Mills COMBAT." Oh my dear! I'm certainly in for some hardships within the next 60 days. During today's first workout, I was drenched within 10 minutes. And tomorrow's workout is double the length- YIKES. After working out, I hobbled downstairs (my legs are so sore from all of the cardio this week), grabbed some water, and my dad just laughed. He was stunned by how drenched I was, "I figured you were going to be hurting from the sounds I heard from down here." Oh, the joys of my bedroom being above the kitchen. While downstairs, he asked me if I wanted to go see one of my cousins' basketball game. I was elated!

Yesterday, while browsing "Pinterest," I found the most perfectly relaxing-like attire that I was itching to try and today was my excuse.


The Inspiration.
I love the comfortable look of this whole piece: the yellow scarf, the loose yet tucked in gray shirt, the brown belt, the jeans, the brown shoes, and the silver bag. Perfection.
The Pinspirable.
This coat, unfortunately due to the lighting looks blue, but is actually more of a brighter shade of green. Instead of pairing the outfit with a silver bag, I went for a mustard yellow. When I was pulling out my silver bag, it just looked too Spring-like; whereas, my mustard yellow bag looks more fall and/or winter appropriate.
The Pinspirable.
It was quite the comfy outfit! I get a little paranoid wearing shirts tucked in due to those joyous things called love-handles, but thanks to all of these workouts, I'm feeling a little better about my overall look. A weight loss of 6lbs since the beginning of the New Year will definitely boost your confidence!

Last night, my friend and I met in the city for some shopping and drinks (wait till you see my purchase I made!). She's been there for me throughout this whole unemployment process and bestowed me with a gift. The gift is a combination of "Keep your chin up kiddo" and Christmas. Awhile ago, she had shown me a pair of these earrings that she wanted and I had said, "I saw those and instantly thought of you/ wanted a pair for myself! I'm afraid I won't be able to pull them off though." She immediately disputed that theory and then decided since she recently got a position at one of 10 best law firms in the country that wearing these earrings probably wouldn't be the most appropriate.

She had requested a picture of the earrings...

The gift.
I absolutely love them! I love the quirky-ness and edginess of the wooden earrings. Thanks, KiKi!

Items:
Wooden earrings - a gift from KK
Yellow scarf - a gift from Santa
Plaid coat - a gift from Santa
Gray shirt - $12 from Marshall's
Belt - from Hollister circa 2004
Jeans - originally $180, but on sale for $70 from TJ Maxx. True Religion score!
Tan flats - $15 Marshall's
Mustard yellow bag - originally $250, but on sale for $110 from Bloomingdale's Outlet

Till next time,
Bells

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home