Friday, January 4, 2013

1. The Welcome and The Boots

Greetings fellow readers!

The Welcome
Welcome to my blog, Pinspirable! Over the past year, especially, I've come to love my findings on the web, maybe even a bit too much, but the web as a whole is rather something hard to ignore. Let's face it, everyone you know has an email address and everyone has at least heard of Facebook or Twitter. "The Internets," as one of my friends has coined the term, will always be around us, so might as well enjoy it!

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm a materialist/consumerist at heart. There's nothing like a shopping trip, or lately an online browsing fix, to cure those wintry blues, especially when living in New England. I'm constantly fascinated by websites such as Obaz, Pinterest, Wanelo, and Very Jane, and along with blogs such as J's Everyday Fashion and The Small Things. Through these predominantly shopping sites and blogs, I've gained a more extensive appreciation for fashion, exercising, products in general, and even a desire for cooking. I'm not saying by any means that cooking is a strong suit of mine, but I'm willing to learn. Let's make "Learning How To Cook" a 2013 resolution, eh?

Anyways, Pinspirable is about my discoveries via "The Internets." You'll see my trials and tribulations, along with my love for products. If you ever have any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas, feel free to drop me a line! :)

The Boots
Now that we've gotten the logistics taken care of, it's time to start Pinspirabling? I'm working on my word play still over here, ha!

Last year when visiting my brother at college out in Amherst, Massachusetts, my mother wanted to shop in one of her favorite boutiques, Zanna. We actually discovered Zanna during my "Shopping for Where To Go To College." My mom is always insistent that when getting to know a place, you must shop, eat, and explore; needless to say, with my mother's abundant love for shopping and her bubbly personality, she left her first Zanna experience with a supply of water for the remainder of our trip, hugs, and maybe even a quick kiss. Fun fact: After our "Shopping for Where To Go To College" tour, we came home to a hand written note by the store owner, personally thanking my mother for having shopped there. Note how I said "thanking my mother," not myself. So now that we know where my love for Consumerism comes from, let's move on...

So in Zanna, my eyes laid on the most gorgeous pair of boots. I asked the lovely salesgirl to try them on, but unfortunately, due to loads of Irish-Step dancing in my past and lovely Italian genes, they didn't fit my calves. I've been on the hunt for this combination of "black and brown" boots: black on the bottom and brown on the top for 2 years now. Alas, no go for quite some time due to the calves.

I put the boots in my subconscious for better or for worse; however, a few months ago, I came across a pin and it sparked my journey for them once again! (See below).

The Inspiration.
With inspiration in mind, I began my hunt. I spotted a look-a-like at Marshalls by Etienne Aigner, but not my size. With the advice of my mother to check Macy's, for Marshalls doesn't have an "Item Locator," we ventured there and found them! Go figure, my size by Etienne Aigner didn't fit my calves, just my feet. THEN, I FINALLY spotted my boots by Bandolino.
The Pinspirable.
If you're looking for a pair of boots to go with everything and you have a larger pair of calves, try these! If you notice in the bottom left picture, there's a triangular slit which hides a lovely stretching piece to compensate for larger lower legs. After a lovely Macy's coupon, which you can almost always get at the register (Just Ask!), they came to $101. It may seem a bit steep for a pair of boots, but I figured it was a solid investment. Due to the color combination these go with virtually any outfit! They have become a staple to my wardrobe.

What's a staple item in your wardrobe? Do you have a favorite pair of boots?

Boots - $101 on sale at Macy's (Future Pinspirable options)

Looking forward to hearing your responses!


Till next time,
Bells


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At January 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

A rather fashion forward and captivating first post. My closet littered with jean-jackets and anti earth-tone suspenders will leave me hanging on your every word.

 
At January 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Don't worry Jason, we'll make you "fashion forward" soon enough!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home