Tuesday, January 22, 2013

16. The Favorite Pattern

Greetings readers!

Do any of you have a favorite pattern or style? I can say that I do! I absolutely am in love with Chevron. It is the most gorgeous, simple, yet creative style. One of my wish list items to purchase is a Chevron dress and/or shirt. Let's not joke ourselves, it will probably be both! What can I say? I'm obsessed!

Today, I was searching all over The Internets for a DIY nail tutorial. The sloppy redone job on Saturday night was chipping, so a change was definitely needed. Out of all my nail tutorials, today was probably the most successful yet. It's still not 100%, but I'm slowly getting there. My DIY creative genes are slowly bubbling... probably shouldn't go that far yet.

The Inspiration.
I'm not saying I'm a fan of these particular colors, but the Inspiration was all I needed for today.
The Pinspirable (part 1).
Essie's Penny Talk is much more in my color wheel than the Inspiration red and bright pink. Plus, the Inspiration photo seems rather Valentine's Day-esque. For your sake, I'll omit my feelings on that holiday.
The Pinspirable (part 2).
The Pinspirable (part 3).
Not too shabby, eh? The white polish is Sally Hansen's Sheerly Petal Natural White and I feel it adds that full Chevron feel. Most often when you see Chevron styles, it's either black and white, or turquoise and white, or navy and white. I'd say about 90% of the things I've seen in Chevron style, contain a white blend.

All I did for this was, make sure there was very very very little white polish on my brush. Then carefully going from left to right (on my left hand) and right to left (on my right hand), simply made zig zags. It's ok if it's not perfect... that's what I'm telling myself anyways. ;)

Till next time,
Bells

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home