Sunday, January 27, 2013

19. The Weekend Recap: Hair, Workout, Repeat for 3 Days.

Greetings readers!

Ready for a Weekend recap?

On Friday, my parents and I were going to go out to a nearby bar for dinner, drinks, and to watch the Bruins game! It was my first time, this season, going out for a Bruins game so I was bouncing off of the walls. I thought my mom at one point was going to knock me out just to get me to calm down. Feeling a little amped up, I decided to do my hair in hopes of calming down.

The Inspiration
After doing all of the "Rope Braids" hairdos (see here), I was in the mood for some more braids. This look is very easy to do.

The Pinspirable (part 1).
Very very easy. I had a little too many fly-away hairs for my liking, but alas, the problem with short/ mid-length hair once again!

Earlier in the day on Friday, I had to run some errands, so I wanted a dressy/casual outfit.

The Pinspirable (part 2).
A scarf, a white scrunched blouse, a shirt/vest, jeans, and uggs. The outfit was perfect for running errands and to transition into night, swap out the uggs for heels, or add in some big jewelry pieces. I kept to the uggs because it seemed the most practical with snow still on the ground.

The Pinspirable (part 3).
At one point, I was so antsy that I kidnapped my mom's reading glasses and started posing. Like I said, she was ready to knock me out. :)

You'd think I would've been less energized after doing another Pinterest workout:
The Pinspirable Workout.
This "Cardio/Strength Workout" is no joke! I'm very list oriented, so Pinterest workouts work for me, especially when I do all of the "max result" reps at once. I did all of this 3 times through, but I don't do it all once, then start at the top and repeat two times. How I do these workouts is make everything 3 times all at once, so "90 jumping jacks, 15 push-ups, 75 high knees, etc..." For me, it works, but hey! Everyone's different. :) And for me, wall sits, just make me shake. I never really feel as though they do much, so I took out the "3 minute wall sit" and opted for 60 crunches instead.

Saturday was a very lazy day. After bouncing off of the walls on Friday and eating an Alfredo-based dish Friday night, yesterday I felt so gross. I swear the plague ("the ominous flu cloud") is swarming around me and I'm trying to avoid it like it's my job (probably a bad pun right now, eh?). Yesterday, nevertheless, consisted of lots of sleeping, "Property Brothers," movie marathons, and finally something to eat around 9pm. Probably shouldn't have begged to have Chinese, right? Oh well! Live and learn!

Today it was time to get back to the grind, so Pinterest workouts were it! Yes, I said "workouts."

The Pinspirable Workout (part 1).
The Pinspirable Workout (part 2).

The Pinspirable Workout (part 3).
Yes, I did all 3 of these and exactly in this order. The first workout, "Starting Ten," I did in a faster pace: immediately one after the other, banging them out. The "Starting Ten" was essentially my warm-up. Once again, like Friday's workout, for the "Early Morning," I doubled everything up. The only part I didn't do were the side planks because I have carpal tunnel in my wrists and moves like this make it virtually unbearable for at least the remainder of the day. Instead of the side planks, I did 40 crunches.

Not going to joke around with you, for the 3rd workout, I thought I was going to collapse every few moves, so I ignored when to take water breaks and just took water as I saw fit. After the 2nd time doing burpees (in column 2), I was convinced I was going to puke, but nonetheless, I made it through and I felt great! Pinterest really has some awesome workouts; all of the above workouts were ironically by BoP (Back on Pointe), but not all of Pinterest workouts are by BoP.

After being utterly drenched from these 3 workouts, I took a shower, and put my hair up. Since September or so, I've become fascinated with the sock bun, but have never found an easy way to do this until now:

The Inspiration.
Once again, my hair isn't as long, so doing the braids with the remaining pieces was not an option, so I merely pinned that part around the sock bun.

The Pinspirable.
How to Achieve This Look:
1. Place your hair in a high ponytail.
2. Cut the top part of a sock off where your toes would go; then roll the cut sock so it looks like a circle with a hole through it. *Note: the bigger the sock, the fuller the bun will look.*
3. Fan your hair out, making sure the sock is covered all around, and then put a hair tie over it.
4. Take the remaining hair and split it in half. Wrap each section around the bun and pin it.
**5. If your hair is long enough, braid each side and then pin.


Items:
White blouse - circa 2006 (I honestly have no recollection of where this came from, or how much it cost. It's been in my closet for so long and definitely has not been utilized to its full potential).
Black/gray flowered vest - $15 Forever 21
Black jeans - $80 Kenneth Cole outlet, circa 2009
Black uggs - $80 TJ Maxx, circa 2005
Coach scarf - gift
My mom's glasses - Kate Spade

Till next time,
Bells

P.S.
My neon pink belt, I bought at Marshall's, and featured here can be purchased at American Eagle. It was featured as an item today in my email:
The Pinspirablers Find.
How excited are you all for more Neon Brights, Spring, and soon Summer? I know I am!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home