Friday, January 25, 2013

18. The Fifty Shades of Pink to Tie Up With The Rope Braid

Greetings readers!

Yesterday was off to a late start, for I was doing some marketing for my friend, Liz Theresa. Plus, the thought of going outside in "4 degrees weather, but having it feel like -15 degrees," was not appealing to me, nor was it high on my list; however, I did have plans to go visit my cousin outside of Boston.

When getting ready, I was trying to find an Inspiration photo for wintry weather, but it wasn't happening! So I said, "Forget it, I'm going to dress how I want, since no other blogs really cater to feels like -15 degrees weather." *Fun Fact: I ended up, unconsciously, pairing an outfit together that matched an Inspiration photo I found earlier this week. It doesn't matter that I realized it now, right? Ha!*

The Inspiration
Can we say, gorgeous?! I absolutely love this look.

The Pinspirable (part 1).
So, not quite 50 shades of pink, but bright for winter nonetheless. It was refreshing to be nice and toasty warm with the gray cashmere open-faced sweater, uggs, but add some lovely pops of color.
The Pinspirable (part 2).
All of the pinks in a closer view: a hot pink belt, a fuschia top, and a darker fuschia scarf. The only pink items not seen here were my fuschia earrings from JoJo Loves You, and my Coach hair scarf.

As of yesterday, when I was gathering ideas for the blog, I came across this wonderful hairstyle via Pinterest, but it's originally from The Beauty Department.
The Inspiration.
If you look at the "braids" closely, you'll notice that they are indeed 2-stranded, not 3. The 2-stranded braid is known as "The Rope Braid." It's a very easy technique: essentially, you just split your hair in two and rotate over one another, like you would a normal 3-stranded braid.

This hairstyle was not coming out quite the way it appears in the picture, so I changed it up.

The Pinspirable (part 1).
The Pinspirable (part 2).
How To Achieve This Look:
1. Put your hair in a ponytail.
2. Divide the ponytail in half, so you now have two sections. 
3. Rope braid each section (so now you have 2 rope braids from one ponytail).
4. Rope braid together both of the 2 smaller rope braids.
5. Wrap the now 1 giant rope braid around to form a bun.
6. Secure this "bun" with an elastic.
7. Apply a scarf, flowered pin, etc.

Have you found any hairstyles that you liked and made them into your own?

Items:
Gray cashmere open-faced cardigan: $45 TJ Maxx, circa Fall 2011
Black skinny jeans - $80 Kenneth Cole outlet, circa 2009
Black Uggs: $70 TJ Maxx, circa 2005
Fuschia scarf: Christmas 2012 gift
Hot pink skinny belt: $7 Marshall's, circa Spring 2012
Pink shirt: $8 Old Navy, circa Spring 2008
Fuschia earrings: $30 JoJo Loves You
White layering "wife-beater" tank: $5 Old Navy, circa Spring 2008
Coach hair scarf: circa 2005

Till next time,
Bells

**Please note that the original source for today's clothing Inspiration photo is unknown. I saw it on Rue La La's Facebook page earlier this week. Someone said they reposted it from, Social Bliss.**

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home