Monday, January 28, 2013

20. The Workouts and The Tacos

Greetings readers!

Hope you had a marvelous Monday and kicked off your week on the right foot.

I'm trying to be as positive as possible. Being laid off definitely has weakened my self-confidence and self-esteem, so attempting to look on the bright side is very important. My great friend, Liz Theresa, whom I went to grad school with, has taken me on as a "Research and Creative Officer" doing a lot of marketing/sales things for her entrepreneurship. Today, she thanked me several times and complimented me on my skills. It really brightened my day and assured me that I do have talent, buried, but nevertheless there, so thank-you Liz! Did you have any positive comments today? Or give anyone any? In grammar school, my teachers would always stress "Hold a door open for someone, you never know what a little thing like that could mean to someone" and going through a time period in my life like I am now, I fully and wholeheartedly believe in that piece of advice. You really never know when someone is down and needs that little reminder.

After helping Liz with some things, it was onto working out. Today's workout was not as intense as yesterday's, due to soreness. Tomorrow, I'm going to double up again. And another reason today was an easier day was because I was doing a million and a half things this morning. Since when am I completely busy being laid off?! News to me!

My morning in a nut shell:

  •  Edited about 5-6 emails for KiKi
  •  Freelanced/marketed for Liz
  •  Set up appointments for this weekend (dress measurements and much need pedicures for a friend and myself: I need it for relaxation, but most importantly it is for my friend who is going through a very rough time and sometimes a girl just needs some Hot Stone Pedicure Pampering!)
  •  Emailed all of the bridal party a 2 page email (yes, I type all of my emails in Word first)
  •  Called the local Nissan dealership to see if the part was in for my car (head desk: enough said)
  •  Called the Bride's Mom to run everything by her
  •  Compiled all of the ideas in a Word document and folders for the Bridal Shower
  •  Hunted again for Bridal Shower invitations
  •  Caught up on other necessary phone conversations for bills and such
  •  Job hunted


Can you now see why I worked out late in the day and cut it short?! Haha Busy Bee today!

Anyways... the workouts:
The Pinspirablers Workout (part 1).
The Pinspirablers Workout (part 2).

A wise note for all of you, when starting off this cycle (and once again, this was the order I did them), stretch a lot first because 150 Jumping Jacks kills your calfs fast! I didn't stretch like I normally do and I was paying for it BIG time, so after the jumping jacks, I then stretched. Oops! And no, I didn't do the entire "Ten Week Workout Plan," just Monday's routine. Tomorrow I'm going to start with Tuesday's and then add on some other things. Are you going to join in tomorrow and do Tuesday's routine?

Oh, and once again, for the "Do It Daily," I took out the "15 seconds side plank (each)" [sic]**, and instead added in 60 crunches. **Fun Fact: [sic] is used when a word is either missing, misspelled, or breaking a grammatical rule. It's to let the readers know that the author quoting didn't make the mistake, but the original source did. Did I mention I was an English major in college and received my Masters in English, too? ;)**

After these two workout routines, I then did a bunch of standard weight exercises using 5lb weights. I use lighter weights, so I can do more repetitions. My repetitions, depending on the exercise, end up being a total of 25 or 50.

Also, the other day I found this great calendar on Pinterest for an ab routine and although it says June, why not try it in February?

The Pinspirables Workout (part 3).
Who is up for the "June/February" Mean Abs Challenge?

After the workouts, it was on to shoveling. Why snow, WHY?! Can you please, please, PLEASE go away now?! I didn't even take a picture of today's outfit because it was thoughtless. I was not very happy about having to shovel after my shower. Shoveling with wet hair = grumpy Bells.

Upon shoveling, I ran inside to dry my hair, and get ready for Taco Night and to watch the Bruins! My friends and I switched up the 10 cent wing night for $1.00 tacos! Splurging left and right ;)

The Pinspirable.
I told you today's outfit didn't have any inspiration behind it, but here's a better picture of the sock bun! I did it for Taco Night and all of my friends loved it, especially with adding in a headband. I love the glitz and glam of the headband. Definitely needed a little pizz-azz today after shoveling!

Items:
Blue sweatshirt - very old from American Eagle, circa 2004
Headband - Forever 21, circa Spring 2012
Black and gold bow cuff - Christmas 2012 
Silver ring - Christmas 2012 gift 

Till next time,
Bells

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home