Tuesday, February 12, 2013

28. The Brownie Oreo Invasion

Greetings readers!

Hope the remainder of your Tuesday was just as wonderful as the first half!

One of my New Years Resolutions, was to learn how to cook. I'm not completely clueless in the kitchen, but when it comes to baking... watch out! As one of my friends politely put it, "Grab a fire extinguisher!!!!"

Tonight I was going to a former co-workers house and meeting up with a bunch of co-workers to eat, vent, catch up, and just enjoy some good ol' fashioned girl time. Everyone volunteered to bring things and I was just at a loss. What's your go to party food? So, I texted one of the girls and she said, "Bring a dessert!" My stomach was immediately in my throat. Me... bake!?!? So I decided to go through my Pinterest board of recipes and dig something out. (Kind of an oxymoron to pin recipes if you can't cook, but then again I have a wedding board and no boyfriend. Oy vey!) Low and behold, I discovered Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes. Can we say, "Yum?"

The Inspiration.

Absolutely amazing, right?! And what's even better is that they're as easy as pie to make!

How To Make The Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie Cakes:
1. Buy brownie mix. Mix according to the box's instructions.
2. Fill a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
3. Place an oreo in each liner.
4. Smear peanut butter on the oreo. (The recipe called for 2 tsp, but that was a bit much.)
5. Place another oreo on top. 
6. Smear the top of the second oreo with peanut butter.
7. Take 2 Tbsp. of brownie mix and pour it over the peanut butter oreos and in the cupcake holder. The brownie mix will fill in the holes.
*Note: The bottom of the brownie will be the oreo, for the mix does not seep it's way underneath the oreo. 
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Bake brownies for 18-20 minutes. (I did 20 to stay on the safer side, even though apparently my oven bakes fast.)
10. Remove the dessert from their respective tins.
11. Mangia, mangia, mangia. Eat, eat, eat. :)

Here are my final products:
The Pinspirable. (Left: My brownie cakes; Right: Me with my half-eaten one.)
I had one teeny one and it was delicious. It was the perfect blend of crunch and sweetness. Let me know if you try it!




Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home